The Story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears
The story was first published by English author and poet Robert Southey in a volume of writings in 1837 entitled The Doctor and was entitled "The Story of the Three Bears". In it an old woman tresspasses on the property of three male bears ( a wee one, a middle sized one, and a great big bear). In the story it is an old hairy woman who is ugly, dirty and foul mouthed and not a young beautiful girl who breaks into the bears house and eats their porridge.
The story has many variations over the years and eventually years later becomes the story we all know as "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" after author Joseph Cundall changed the old ugly woman to a beautiful young girl in his book Treasury of Pleasure Books for Young Children.
In 1963 Pelham master carver Peter Carter Paige created a new range of puppets including a Father Bear, Mother Bear and Baby Bear. Along with the SS Goldilocks, children were now able to re-enact their favorite fairy tale.